Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Laurella

What a gloomy day it was. I thought to myself as the hurst pulled up to the church.
My father was in his wheelchair and my mother standing by my grandma who we all call Lola and she was criing.
My Lola never crys because she belives in God.
I don't. In fact I hate him.
I wipe a flowing tear and then another. As they open the large black car I cry again. The coffin says Lucy May and it makes me cry even harder. But my mother can't hug me because she is having a hard time with her sorrow too.
My father is wondering what we did to diserve this. My little brother Sam is picking his nose. I tell him to stop and he does. He is discracting my consentration. The consentration that is working hard on trying to think my sister is not in that damn coffin.

Chapter 2: Infanite sadness

We gather in the church and I go over and over the words for the solo I am going to sing.
As the paster sings my cousin Jerry who is retarded walks to the coffin to take a peek. He laughs a little and the paster stops talking. I am doing fine crying wise until Jerry askes," Can she come out to play now,or maybe later?"
I loose it and start to swear. I swear and I swear until it feels so good that I stop and start to cry. Everyone is staring at me and I feel so dumb but still I don't care. She didn't need to die. She wasn't supposed too.
Her boyfriend Ben comes over to give me a hug. I tell him not too and I leave the church.
When it is time too sing my solo,I enter the church as planned. I sit on a chair in front of everyone and My Lola smiles. She hasn't frowned yet. She says she can still see and hear Lucy even thoe she is physicly not alive.
I start singing.,"Never had I imagened,that it whould turn out this way but I always cared and still I will and I know your shining down on me from heaven like so many friends we've lost along the way and I know eventually we'll be together,one sweet day eayeay". I stop and that's when I am sitting right beside the body. The coffin is open and the corpse is revealed. My mind is running wild and my head is turning. A little voice in my head keeps repeating,"She's dead she's dead she's dead,she's dead".
I start to scream and yell and I leave the church again. Just as I am out the door and I fell 2044 eyes staring at me I drop to my knees and pray. Pray that this is all a joke pray that when we get home she will be in her room studiing and greet me by saying,"Yello Laurel how is ya?" instead of decying and alone in that coffin.

Chapter 3:Home at lost

For the next few weeks I stay in my room. I haven't etan for three days. Not a crumb not a bite. I sleep in Lucy's room and I cry and cry and cry. But yesterday,I cried so much that my eye got shut closed from all the pressure and I had to go to the hospital.
My best friend keeps on calling me wondering when I will be back at school because I've already missed a month. She brings my homework and dictates me tests. But that`s all. We don't talk,sing zip.
Then one day I am sitting in my room and I hear a voice. It says," Laurella,may I come in?". I nknow it is Sam so I saauelay no. Then all of a sudden,Sam starts to cry. Cry like he never has before,cry like a death cry he sounded like a berrived.i run to1
11in
the door and open it and give hima big hug and a kiss.
He's only 5 and he doesn't know that Lucy's dead.
"Laurella,where is Lucy?".
I am angrey that my mother hasn't explained it yet and it seems like I have to tell him.
"Well Sammie,when people get old or sick sometimes something happens called death","And",I continue,"they never ever come back","Lucy died and she will never come back. He body is in the ground and her soul in heaven do you get it?".
" But Lucy was only two hands and nine".
"Yes she was Sam but she died by accident" I say lieing,"and when people die by accident it's the same thing that happens like when they die on purpose". I realized I have made no sence and think that this is going to be harder then I thought.
"Does that mean that at any snecond mom or daddy could die or you even if you are only ten fingers and four?".
"Yes Sam that's right".
"I miss Lucy,I wan't her to be undead".
"I'm sorry Sam but that's impossible".
"Nooooooooooo!"Sam wails. I cry with him we are missing our big sister and we wan't her back! I fthis is the way life is,I don't know if I wan't to live.

Chapter 3:Back in class

For the next few days I sit and wait for my mother to tell me I can go back to school.
"I think I am ready mom,or I'll fail my midterm"I say.
She looks like she is about to cry but she dosen't.
"You are weak in your mind,stay home for anothor day,and another."
"No I am going"I pavk my bag and put new clothes on.black. The color of sadness. That's all I'll wear from now on.

When I get to school,Shea my best friend greets me with ahug

No comments:

Post a Comment